Monday, November 3, 2008

my Grandpa Lowell

I just wanted to take a moment and write a bit about my grandpa. for those of you who do not know my grandpa Lowell pasted away peacefully in his bed today at 11:15am. this past month for him has been a drastic decline in his health. we are very greatful that he is at peace and out of pain. well I want to remember him for all the joy he brought in to my life and for all the smiles he put on my face. I remember grandpa most for his silly noises and him tickling me as a young child ( my kids injoy that now from my dad Dalan) I loved hearing the stoies of how grandpa got his wooden leg or how he got the horse shoe print on his head. I remember a family reunion a few years back in idaho and he would go from grand child to grand child giving them a hard time and teasing them. always in fun. I wish I would of spent more time with him on this earth I will miss him dearly. I will always remember his smile and his leg that looked like a duck LOL. I love you grandpa!!

3 comments:

Tyson and DeeAnna said...

Thanks for posting this Amy.
It's beautiful.
I remember Heart to Heart hugs, and how he'll always be a little boy because he was just a little boy when he found grandma and he'd never let go. Your Grandpa was an amazing man. And I am sad to see him gone.

Heather said...

Thank you for this post. When Mom told me I did not know what to do. I wanted to post my thoughts onto my blog, but I did not know if I should. Your post helped me realize it was my blog and I could do whatever I wanted with it. My heart hurts and I feel more alone than I want to. I know we are all going through the same thing so it was good to see your post.

Trish said...

I am so glad you and Heather posted something. I wanted to but didn't know enough to know what to post. He really was such a fun man and he will be missed.
I love you!!
Trish